Hold a Winter Triathlon!
Ready for a Winter Triathlon?
Scott Klepach Jr.
For this game, you will need:
- Four players or more (two players on two teams)
- A sled
- A box or basket
- Snowman supplies (carrot, hat, scarf or rocks)
- Station markers for three stations
Set up three stations:
Station 1: Snow Angels
Station 2: Snowmen
Station 3: Sledding to Dress up the Snowman
1. Create a starting line and mark three stations around the yard, using landmarks or household objects to designate each. Place one member of each team at the starting line and the second team member of each team at Station 2 (Snowman).
2. When “go” is called, the team members at the starting line will race to Station 1 to make snow angels. Once finished, confirm that the snow angel looks complete and then team members will race to meet their teammates at Station 2.
3. At Station 2, both teams will create their own snowman with three sections.
4. When the snowman is finished, partners will run together to Station 3, where a sled and a box containing the snowman’s decorations are waiting. One player will sit on the sled and hold the box while the other partner will pull the sled back to Station 2 where the snowman is waiting to be decorated.
5. Dress up the snowman for his date with winter!
6. Both partners must race together back to the starting line, which is now the finish line. Whoever crosses this finish line first, after having completed all of the steps properly, wins!
- Note: You can certainly modify the rules if only two people are playing a one-on-one match. The only real part of the game to take away in this case would be the sledding component.ereHere
Filed under Featured Stories, From the Mag, Outdoor Play, Projects and Crafts