Make Love Bugs for Your Little Love Bugs!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- an empty toilet paper tube
- construction paper (choose your colors!)
- pen, marker, crayons or pencil
Here’s how to make a Love Bug:
- Cover an empty toilet tube with construction paper to make the body of the bug.
- Cut two ovals (for the lady bug) or hearts (for a butterfly) to make wings.
- Attach wings with tape or glue on either side of the body.
- Cut circles to make the faces.
- Encourage your child to draw a face on the circle or at the top of the tube.
- Cut strips of paper and fold in a zigzag pattern to make antennae and legs. Cut two small hearts and glue to the tips of antennae. Or, pipe cleaners are great for antennae as well.
- Write a cute message on the wings or on a cut out heart that the Love Bug holds.
- Decorate with glitter, feathers, or whatever else you desire. Have fun!!!
Filed under Crafts, Projects and Crafts, What's New